Saturday, May 1, 2010

Third Review: Iron Man Movie Series Mark II


Hey everyone! For my third review, I will take a look at one of my favorite Iron Man figures from the 3 3/4" Movie Series Action Figures: The Mark II!! Man oh man, I got to say that the Mark II is a wonderfully detailed figure. From the ARC Reactor, to the good articulation, and the gleaming silver armor, it is AMAZING! For a brief history, the Mark II was the second suit Tony Stark built in the Iron Man 2008 film. Very fast and very powerful, the only issue the armor had was the icing problem at high altitudes.

The color for this armor is pretty simple: BRIGHT silver. The entire armor is silver except for the ARC Reactor, repulsors, and eyes. They are light blue that fade to white toward the center. A very pretty suit of armor if you ask me. The details are very good, the lines painted with thin black lines to show off the individual armor plates, and personally, my favorite detail is the "rivets" put around the front torso for detail. For colors/details I'd give this figure a 5/5.

Now for articulation, the figure has the best articulation out of all the Iron Man figures I have. If your just now catching my reviews, the articulation is as follows...

- neck (ball joint)
- shoulders (360 rotation/in-and-out)
- elbows (360 rotation/bend 90 degrees)
- wrist (360 rotation)
- upper torso (ball joint)
- hips (forwards-and-backwards/in-and-out)
- upper thigh (360 rotation)
- knee (double-jointed)
- ankle (forward-and-back)

So it's pretty good articulation if you ask me. One thing that makes me especially happy is -- with help from versusZ -- my Mark II's legs can go front and back instead of just in and out. Thanks, Z! XD


The accessories are, as you know, the same as any other Iron Man figure. It comes with a base, 3 Armor Cards, and a missile launcher with a BLUE missile, which I thought was pretty cool. His missile Launcher looks exactly the same as the Mark VI's but is instead all in silver. Overall, I would recommend the Mark II over the majority of the Figures, other than War Machine!

(rear view)














(Mark II on Base, Missile Launcher, & Armor Cards)

(Mark II w/ Accessories in Action Pose)

Overall, the Mark II is a fantastic figure and I would highly recommend it because of it's simple, elegant look. I do think It's funny that this figure is from the first Iron Man movie and he was released in an Iron Man 2 line... but I guess you can't do anything about it, nor do I really want to! I LOVE THIS FIGURE! If you find it, pick it up with War Machine and any other figure you want, but this one is a must have! Two thumbs WAY up! Thanks for reading and I hope you tune in for my next review!



1 comment:

  1. funny i was just about to do a blog review for this same figure... it DOES look a lot better for some reason either on camera or in pictures

    ReplyDelete