Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fifth Review: Iron Man Movie Series Mark I


Hey guys! I just picked up this figure and I figured I'd do a review of the Iron Man 2 3 3/4" Movie Series Mark I figure. This is a very nice figure and I am quite a fan of it for starters. A brief history of this figure is that it was built in the Iron Man 2008 film. It was built with spare parts from various missiles and military equipment to allow him to escape from a group of terrorist that call themselves the 'Ten Rings'. This suit served as the basis of the Mark II and Mark IV suits.

For colors, the suit features a worn iron color for the armor, and a khaki overall-suit worn underneath the armor itself. The details are spectacular on this armor, there are lines on the armor itself that show where plates were welded together to make the armor. There are gears on the back and mechanisms on the sides of the thigh to allow movement of the legs. The ARC Reactor in the center of the torso is freakin' awesome! I love the intense detail on this figure, up there with the Mark II.

Articulation is actually a bit different from the other figures, so I'll re-list the articulation...

- neck (ball joint)
- shoulders (360 rotation/in-and-out)
- elbows (360 rotation/in-and-out)
- waist (360 rotation)
- hips (forward-and-back/in-and-out)
- upper thigh (rotation)
- knee (single-jointed)
- ankle (up-and-down/ 360 rotation)

As you can see, there is no upper torso or wrist rotation, nor do the upper thighs rotate as much as the other figures can. But, for such a bulky suit, the articulation is really impressive.


As you can see, the 3 Armor Cards are once again included with the figure as well as a base and a missile launcher designed like a flame thrower with a flame-designed missile. I really liked that they gave the Mark I a flame thrower designed missile launcher since he used a flame thrower quite a bit in the movie during his escape.















(rear view)

















(Mark I on Base, Missile Launcher, & Armor Cards)
















(Mark I w/ Accessories in Action Pose)

Overall, I'd say this figure is a 5/5. The figure's details are spectacular, the articulation is very good for being so bulky, and he's just a great figure overall. I'd recommend this figure but only if you REALLY like it, I was skeptical because I like the sleek look of the other armors, but I was happy after buying the Mark I, so if you're skeptical, I'd say go for it! He's completely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment