Monday, July 25, 2011

Final Fantasy Master Creatures -- Ifrit

Well, for starters, I know it's been FOREVER since my last post, but I came across something TOTALLY worth posting. I was at my local Vintage Stock, a used games and collectibles store, and came across this delightful little treasure....


Yep, I managed to get my hands on the Final Fantasy Master Creatures Ifrit from Series 1. This figure retails for about $16.99 on Square-Enix's store, but I managed to nab it for only $10, so I felt pretty damn lucky!



(At first, they had both Series 1 Kefka Palazzo and Ifrit, but Kefka sold quickly... *tear*)



First of all, the level of detail on this figure is incredible for mass-production! I guess that's what they mean by "Master" Creatures. But the size of the figure surprised me as well, because I have The Final Fantasy Creatures Fan Box Vol. 2, and I expected it to be only a bit larger than it. However, it's a few inches larger and the level of detail is increased ten-fold between the two.






(in case you're curious, he is performing the Hellfire attack in this pose)


The detail isn't just on the figure, but in fiery details of his Hellfire attack as well. The way is was sculpted puts a lot of fierceness and fury into this pose IMHO, and I couldn't have asked for a better representation of Ifrit. (Maybe larger???)


On a final note, if you like Final Fantasy and/or Ifrit, you should pick it up if you can find it. If I'm not mistaken, you can find it relatively cheap on eBay or Amazon, (I think $10-$12???) However, I wouldn't take my word for it. I'd give this piece of art a 10/10!! (especially since I received it used! XD)

No comments:

Post a Comment